* note: some sites may require PMI UserID and Password
- Whether you’re a seasoned PM or new to the field, PMXPO provides an excellent (on demand) opportunity to learn, network, earn PDUs and broaden your perspective on project management
- Come to SeminarsWorld® for live interactive learning in a classroom environment
- Based on your interests and goals, Navigator creates a personalized action plan to match you with the perfect growth opportunities
- Virtual Resource Hub
- New Resources for Your Toolbox in the Months Ahead - by Sunil Prashara, President & CEO at PMI
The Silicon Valley Project speaker series present:
The Why, How to, and What’s next of Going Virtual -
Learning the technology behind a great virtual meeting
♦♦ Preceding by PMISV Annual Business Meeting ♦♦
Date: Tuesday, December 1, 2020 |
6:00pm - 6:15pm - PMISV Annual Business Meeting
6:15pm - 8:30pm - Silicon Valley Project December Event
Speaker: Chuck Hooper
In this virtual world we live and work in how are you delivering impactful content, managing all the technical challenges and conducting meaningful meetings for your valued clients and prospects?
In this online presentation, Chuck Hooper, recent dean of the Speakers Academy, gives you a behind-the-scenes look at the equipment, techniques, and best practices to manage virtual meetings confidently and competently. Join us to learn tips, tricks, and back-up plans for when your sound is not working or your internet connection suddenly drops and you, the meeting lead, are booted off the call.
1. A checklist of affordable tools
a. Lighting: ring, box, small or large, color or white, placement
b. Microphones: WiFi, wired, or Bluetooth vs. ear pods vs. yelling!
c. Cameras: computer. DSLR, webcam, iPhone
d. More Advanced: switching controllers, eye glasses
2. Presentation skills needed to maintain audience or employee attention
a. Polls: size, timing, what to do with the results
b. Chats: good or bad?
c. Breakout rooms: when do they work?
d. Backgrounds: Follow the K.I.S.S. principle
e. Internet failure: Now what?
3. COVID-19 changes that have and might occur and how you might take advantage of them
a. Staying virtual as an option
b. Using more virtual after going live
c. New opportunities for different business models
Dean of the Speakers Academy for the Northern California chapter of the National Speakers Association
Registration (virtual access details to be distributed upon registration)
- PMISV Members: Free for December
- Non-members: Free for December
- UCSC Active Students: Free for December
- Veterans: Free (Request a veteran code to attend all PMISV events for free.)
CHAPTER ANNUAL BUSINESS MEETING:
It is traditional that our Chapter will hold a short Annual Business Meeting at the beginning of the December event. Please note that the first 15 minutes of this webinar is dedicated for our Chapter President to present our 2020 annual business report and announcements.
Annual Business Meeting Agenda: (December 1, 2020 6:00 - 6:15PM)
Our SVP event speaker, Chuck Hooper, will seamlessly start his webinar in the same Zoom meeting session immediately following the Annual Meeting.
Meeting Leader: Contact Gail Ferreira, PhD
PDU: 2.0 (Technical)
|New Members This Year||288|
|Members with no Certification||710|
The Project Management Institute, with members in 135 countries, is the world's foremost authority for the project management profession. PMI sets industry standards, conducts research, and provides education and certification opportunities designed to strengthen and further establish the profession. PMI Silicon Valley is the 23rd largest PMI chapter, worldwide, with 2,200+ members. Sponsorship with PMI Silicon Valley is an excellent way to showcase and promote your PM-based products and services to our members and visitors.