* note: some sites may require PMI UserID and Password
- Whether you’re a seasoned PM or new to the field, PMXPO provides an excellent (on demand) opportunity to learn, network, earn PDUs and broaden your perspective on project management
- Come to SeminarsWorld® for live interactive learning in a classroom environment
- Based on your interests and goals, Navigator creates a personalized action plan to match you with the perfect growth opportunities
- Virtual Resource Hub
- New Resources for Your Toolbox in the Months Ahead - by Sunil Prashara, President & CEO at PMI
One of the biggest challenges for project managers is understanding what motivates their team members.
Likely, project managers have a good idea of what motivates themselves, and they may project their own motivation onto others. That strategy may or may not work. Some individuals may have completely different motivations, and the manager may struggle to understand those differences.
The Enneagram is a tool that describes nine distinct personality styles, each with a distinct - and distinctly different - motivation. By knowing the Enneagram style of team members, and by understanding each person’s intrinsic motivation, a project leader can individually motivate team members to complete assignments.
Monthly the chapter holds seven geographically dispersed (Project Management) PM Breakfast Meetings in San Francisco’s Peninsula, South Bay and East Bay. Each of these is a small gathering (10 to 15) project managers for a discussion of the current PM environment, sharing of information, and brainstorming of current challenges. The meeting's agenda is the topics brought by the attendees. Every meeting is facilitated by a chapter volunteer.
The Silicon Valley Project speaker series present:
All Things Disciplined Agile
Date: Tuesday, November 3, 2020 | 6:00pm - 8:30pm
Speaker: Gail Ferreira, PhD
The world of project management has expanded at a rapid pace, but now, in the midst of the pandemic and all the change it brings, we need to rethink our careers and take charge of branding ourselves to be successful in the future.
In this interactive online discussion with Marie Spark, MBA PMP®, a project management thought leader and mentor to adult learners and professionals in transition, you will explore tools, resources, and most importantly an understanding of the required mindset to handle the changes coming your way.
Learn what you need to survive and thrive amid new technologies, business disruption, the explosion of Agile techniques, and the increase in virtual collaboration. It all provides opportunities as well as challenges for both newcomers to the project management profession and experienced PM leaders.
- Trends in project management careers: power skills, recruiting, and more
- Professional development: how to stay in the continuous learning zone
- Agile trends: movement to the enterprise, virtual teams, and certifications
- The transformation of the PMBOK & PMP standards
- Professional responsibility: increased focus on ethics, diversity, and sustainability
Marie Spark, M.B.A., PMP®
Director of the Project Management Graduate Program at Golden Gate University
Registration (virtual access details to be distributed upon registration)
- PMISV Members: $5.00
- Non-members: $5.00
- UCSC Active Students: $5.00
- Veterans: Free (Request a veteran code to attend all PMISV events for free.)
Meeting Leader: Contact Rich Condon, PMP, PMI-ACP
PDU: 2.0 (1.0 - Leadership, 1.0 - Strategy)
|New Members This Year||272|
|Members with no Certification||728|
The Project Management Institute, with members in 135 countries, is the world's foremost authority for the project management profession. PMI sets industry standards, conducts research, and provides education and certification opportunities designed to strengthen and further establish the profession. PMI Silicon Valley is the 23rd largest PMI chapter, worldwide, with 2,200+ members. Sponsorship with PMI Silicon Valley is an excellent way to showcase and promote your PM-based products and services to our members and visitors.