Be the Change You Wish to See in the World ~ Gandhi
Perks & Rewards as a PMISV Volunteer
- Join invitation-only quarterly leadership meetings with the Board
- Celebrate chapter success at special volunteers-only events
- Earn PDUs towards certification renewal
- Earn President's Award: Volunteer of the Year
- Attend free Volunteer Recognition Dinner annually
- Receive special staff discount to register for the annual Symposium
- Attend free classes on leadership and other valuable PM skills
PMI Silicon Valley Chapter (PMISV) is a not-for-profit organization entirely run by volunteers, from Board members to program leaders.
The volunteers inner circle offers an open and accepting environment, which allows you to express leadership, events organization, marketing, and operations skills outside of ordinary day-to-day project management.
Note: To be a volunteer, you must be a member of PMI Silicon Valley
I want to Volunteer
Step 1: Check out volunteer positions
Step 1: Select the button below to view the list of open volunteer positions at our Chapter. Note: You must be an active PMI and PMISV member to be a Chapter volunteer.
Step 2: Read volunteer agreement & Submit an application
Step 2: Select the Sign Me Up button. Read and consent to the volunteer agreement on the form, and submit the volunteer application online.
Step 3: Receive confirmation
Step 3: You will receive a system confirmation upon successful submission. In about one week, you will receive a welcome email from our volunteer program leader and an invitation to attend the Volunteer Orientation.
Step 4: Attend Orientation
Step 4: In the orientation WebEx recording, you will receive an overview about volunteering at our Chapter. You should discuss your area of interest with the program lead and we'll fit you in a role and arrange for next steps.