Last date for On-line Registration: 01/06/2014
CLICK TO DOWNLOAD PRESENTATION --> pdf T&T Jan-2014 Presentation
CLICK TO DOWNLOAD TOOL-KIT --> archive T&T Jan-2014 - Tool Kit
Strong Project Starts – Tools for Avoiding Tentative, Scattered, Confused, and/or Accidental Starts and Achieving Confident, Crystal-Clear, Powerful and Focused Leaps Out of the Gate
How a project starts sets the tone for everything to come. A sloppy or less-than-complete start will lead (at the very least) to painful “gotchas” later on. Worst case, the way you start can actually break the project entirely down the road. This talk covers tools and techniques for a strong, collaborative, business-and-results-focused kickoff, including:
• The team-wide mindset and critical early collaboration required to achieve strong starts and prevent massive later headaches later on – or risk a broken project from the beginning
• Techniques to use to identify, understand, engage, involve, and influence the Executive Sponsor, stakeholders, and other “influencers” strongly up front
• Initiation as the dangerous fuzzy front end – how your approach to kickoff helps the team deal with role and goal confusion and conflicts, reach clarity faster despite uncertainties, and avoid schedule-killing requirements-gathering morasses and wasted work.
• Strong kickoff working sessions – NOT team meet-and-greets! What they must cover, who is involved, how to prepare, and how to run them for massive one-day leaps forward on a new project.
• Accomplishing strong kickoffs with partners – why and how, and selling the benefits when there is resistance to kickoff collaboration
• How the kickoff process may vary depending on team sizes, project complexity and length, and organizational cultures; what matters for ANY kickoff and how to achieve “just enough”.
About the Speaker:
Cinda Voegtli, Founder and President of ProjectConnections.com, has 20+ years of development and management experience in companies of different sizes, cultures, and radically different project environments, with years of development and line management experience before and after falling into project management along the way. She has held senior management positions managing up to $50 million project budgets, and led workshops and consulted on project and portfolio processes at corporations such as Lam Research, Nellcor, Aviron/MedImmune, Green Mountain Coffee Roasters, Mobil Corporation, and a number of other energy, pharmaceutical, technology product development, and IT organizations. In her writing and speaking, Cinda brings frank and practical advice, tools, and techniques from her years in the trenches, to help individuals and organizations be effective and successful at their business-critical projects.
Meeting Leader: Name: Nicole Kim Email: Contact Event Meeting Leader
1.5 - Category A Click here for PDU claiming instructions
Program Agenda: 5:30 PM - Sign In and Networking 6:00 PM - Program Begins 7:30 PM - Adjourn
Food: This event does not provide any food service. There are several local retail establishments serving either deli or fast foods. Complementary water and soda are provided.
On-line Registration: PMI Silicon Valley Members: $10 Non Members: $20
A limited number of registrations can be accepted at the door on a first come, first served basis. Once this limit has been reached, the event will be closed to additional attendees.
This event is a professional society meeting, held for the benefit of its members. The Plan Ahead registration fee paid is based on the registrant's ability to commit to attendance, ahead of time. The Plan Ahead registration fee will not be refunded for any reason, other than event cancellation, after normal business hours (5:00 PM, Pacific) on the registration deadline day. The PMI - Silicon Valley Chapter reserves the right to make last minute changes to program content and speakers, as circumstances dictate.