Join us for the 2018 Annual PMI Silicon Valley Chapter Symposium on October 22-23 in the heart of Silicon Valley in the San Francisco Bay Area at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
The symposium schedule will include four outstanding keynote speakers as well as twenty other presentations and learning opportunities though the two days.
Are you a seasoned project or program manager who faces daunting risks (and has the scars to show for it)? Would you like to learn how to better deal with the uncertainties and challenges in your projects from experienced practitioners and like-minded professionals?
Then please plan to join us at the upcoming 2018 PMI Silicon Valley Annual Symposium.
Program details are coming soon, but the event will feature four keynote presentations and two tracks of excellent presentations—14 education-focused PDUs, for PMI credential holders—covering topics such as:
- Using Agile methods to minimize risk and deliver results
- Assessing and dealing with schedule risks
- Risk management in environments of constant change
- Program risk management
- Information Technology project risk
- Project portfolio risk management
- Managing Uncertainty in energy-related projects
- Introducing risk processes in skeptical organizations
- Effective risk information communications
- Business transformation risk management
- Dealing with overconfidence and excessive project optimism
- …And much more
Presentations will include:
- Case studies – examples of project and program risk situations, with practical responses and solutions
- Skills and techniques – new ideas, tips, and practical advice for finding and anticipating significant risks, communicating risk information, assessing and managing risks, and other useful risk management techniques
- Success stories and valuable lessons learned – experiences you can benefit from shared by project leaders who have completed risky projects and programs
Over the two days of keynotes, presentations, and discussions, you will hear from and connect with leading risk managers from Silicon Valley and beyond. Come away with a deeper understanding to proactively and efficiently defend your project, team or organization, while making sure you’re also in position to take advantage of unexpected opportunity.