February 10, 2018 Saturday 8:30AM - 5:00 PM
Innoworld, 940 Stewart Dr, Sunnyvale, CA 94085
Scrappy Project Management - Through Author's Eyes
Given a choice, many teams under-plan or don’t plan at all. And yet, every hour of planning saves about a day of wasted time and effort. Doing our "best" is little comfort when we fail to achieve the results required. And, regardless of the quality of our plans, executing with excellence is where many teams struggle.
Enough is enough! Stop managing, and start leading your project teams to the success that they deserve. Fast, Focused and Flexible, this is Agile Project Leadership at it’s very best! Based on her globally popular book, Scrappy Project Management, we’ll see project management through Kimberly’s scrappy eyes as we explore each scrumptious chapter:
• Be completely & unrepentantly obsessed with the “Customer”.
• Prioritize ruthlessly, choosing between heart, lungs & kidneys if necessary.
• Provide shared, measurable, challenging, & achievable Goals as clear as sunlight.
• Create viable Plans & Schedules that enjoy the team’s hearty commitment.
• Explicitly identify and plan to mitigate detestable Risks & delectable Accelerators.
• Assure that Roles & Responsibilities are unmistakably understood and agreed by all.
• Challenge Assumptions & Beliefs, especially insidious self-imposed limitations.
• Manage the Expectations of all stakeholders: under-promise & over-deliver.
• Anticipate and accommodate necessary and inevitable Change.
• Engage in effective, vociferous & unrelenting Communication with all stakeholders.
• Practice an “Attitude of Gratitude.” Celebrate success, and some failures, too.
• Learn from experience. Make new and more exciting mistakes next time!
Reading a book about exercise won’t make your muscles stronger, you’ve gotta go to the gym and workout! This is a “learning laboratory”. Kimberly’s lively and engaging workshop approach will equip you and your team with practical techniques that you can immediately apply to achieve significantly better results in your next project.
High level overview of the scrappy project management to introduce people to the concepts, provide a framework for their ongoing learning, and serve as a helpful review for more experienced people.
More experienced people who have not had formal training may also benefit by having a framework to help organize their knowledge and experience.
• Keys to Successful Project Leadership and Management
• Difference between Leadership and Management
• Focus on the “customer”, whether internal or external
• Project Charter
• Executive sponsorship of projects
• Goal-setting & Metrics of Success
• Priorities & Decision Trade Offs
• Project Planning
• Scheduling & Timeline Risk Analysis
• Risk Management & Acceleration
• Communication Strategies
• Meeting effectiveness practices
• Roles and Responsibilities/Team Org. Chart
• Action Item Tracking
• Challenging Assumptions
• Managing Change
• Celebrating Success
• Learning from Experience
• Project Management Survival Checklist
About the Instructor:
Kimberly Wiefling helps organizations achieve what SEEMS impossible, but is merely difficult. How? By turning managers into leaders and groups of people into real teams.
A TECHNOLOGIST with HUMAN SKILLS: A physicist by education, she realized long ago the limits of technology devoid of human skills – the so-called “touchy feely” aspects of working in teams so vital to success, and so frequently overlooked.
Project Management Education Hours:
Earn 7 PDUs (Tecnical - 4, Leadership - 3)
Meeting Leader: Sagar Amancherla
Please note the door will be locked at 8:25 AM, so plan to arrive early.
08:30 AM - Sign In and Networking
09:00 AM - Workshop Begins
12:00 PM - Lunch Break
12:45 PM - Workshop Resumes
5:00 PM – Adjourn
Continental Breakfast, Coffee, and Lunch will be provided.
Attendees should indicate whether they want a vegetarian meal during the registration.
Plan Ahead Registration:
Early Bird: PMISV member: $140 Non-PMISV member: $190
Regular: PMISV member: $190 Non-PMISV member: $240
At-the-Door Registration: No walk-ins allowed. Please register for the course online in advance
This event is a professional society meeting, held for the benefit of its members.
|Event End Date||02-10-2018|
|Registration Start Date||01-14-2018|
|Cut off date||02-04-2018|