PM Insight Fremont - Resilient Leaders are MADE Not BORN
Resilient Leaders are
MADE Not BORN
When: Wed. April 7, 2021 6:00pm-8:00pm
Where: Virtual Meeting (Registrants will receive joining details from Meeting Leader)
Last Date for On-line Registration is 4/7
Resilient leaders don’t get that way overnight. Developing the ability to maintain business continuity while navigating through setbacks, disruption and change only comes with experience. In other words, Resilient Leaders are MADE, not BORN. In this discussion, learn the three practices that can build your personal resilience, which in turn improves your ability to be the Resilient Leader our organizations and teams need.
You will learn:
- Our Energy is Not Limitless – that drive to just “dig a little deeper” will eventually fail us. Learn how to manage our energy with practical and responsible self-care.
- Create 20/20 Vision - our fear of the unknown can rob us of perspective. Move into the future and look back at this time or event and see if it alters your perspective.
- You Control the Outcome - while we may not be able to control the circumstance, we can control the way we respond to it. Every choice has a consequence so taking the time to consider the options increases your chance of a successful outcome for you, your team and your organization.
About the Instructor:
Pattie also serves as the California State Lead for the Recovery Advocacy Project., is a National Ambassador with the Shatterproof organization, and is a Peer Parent Coach with the Partnership to End Addiction.
- Pattie Vargas is an Amazon Best-Selling Author, blogger and frequent conference speaker on the topic of growing through change and developing personal resilience.
- Pattie holds a Master’s degree in Organizational Management, PMP Certification and is certified in the use of DISC Behavioral assessments.
- She serves as the Chief Engagement Officer for Connected Women of Influence in Southern California and is a contract trainer with The American Management Association.
- She is the author of The Resilience Factor is Your Super Power and Extreme Project Manager Makeover, a Guide to Technical Leadership.
Meeting Leader: Krishna Gundlapalli
PMI Silicon Valley Members: $5.00
Veterans: Free (online only; contact Meeting Leader for the discount code. Please bring an appropriate ID card to the event).
This event is a professional society meeting, held for the benefit of its members. The Plan Ahead registration fee paid is based on the registrant's ability to commit to attendance, ahead of time. The Plan Ahead registration fee will not be refunded for any reason, other than event cancellation, after normal business hours (5:00 PM, Pacific) on the registration deadline day. The PMI - Silicon Valley Chapter reserves the right to make last-minute changes to program content and speakers, as circumstances dictate.
Click here for refund request
Event End Date
Registration Start Date
Cut off date