PM Insights Foster City Virtual Meeting: How to Develop A Flock of Project Managers
PM Insights Foster City -
How to Develop A Flock of Project Managers
When: Tue, Jan 24, 2023 6:00pm-8:00pm Pacific Time
Where: Virtual Meeting (Registrants will receive joining details from Meeting Leader on the Same Day of event. Zoom meeting link will be emailed to the email address provided during event registration, so please make sure to enter correct email address. For the people who have multiple email accounts, please make sure to check the email account used during registration. Thank you! )
Last Date for On-line Registration is Mon, Jan 23, 2023
In most organizations, departments do not have the luxury of hiring full time project managers. So, most projects are managed by functional managers or individuals who must execute projects on top of their day jobs.
This presentation covers how I deployed training, mentoring, and coaching over the course of the past decade to develop project managers and leaders from a pool of managers and individuals who had little or no experience in project management.
- General business drivers for creating a flexible pool of resources with project management skills.
- Share the approaches used and whether those methods were successful.
- Examples of training and templates deployed to assist new project managers achieve project delivery.
- Key lessons learned from the process of developing project managers
About the Instructor:
Chao-Yee Watson, Senior Manager - Customer Operations, AMD
- Over 20 years managing business process and system change in High Technology
- Extensive experience driving international change management and enterprise-wide roll-outs with a focus on process design, key performance metrics design and resource optimization
- Thought leader in design and re-engineering of processes in the areas of business intelligence, program management, data governance, customer service, supply chain management, demand management, product lifecycle management
- Featured speaker and panelist at multiple conferences, such as PMI Silicon Valley Symposium, OAUG / OATUG COLLABORATE conferences and OAUG NorCal ConnectionPoint
- PMP® certified
- MBA from Santa Clara University
- BS in Mechanical Engineering from UC Berkeley
Meeting Leader: Judith Hage
Contact Meeting Leader
PDU Info: Business Accumen, 2.0 PDUs
PDU claiming instructions
PMI Silicon Valley Members: $5.00
Veterans: FREE (Contact Meeting Leader for discount code.)
This event is a professional society meeting, held for the benefit of its members. The Plan Ahead registration fee paid is based on the registrant's ability to commit to attendance, ahead of time. The registration fee will not be refunded for any reason, other than event cancellation. The PMI - Silicon Valley Chapter reserves the right to make last minute changes to program content and speakers, as circumstances dictate.
Click here for refund Request
Event End Date
Cut off date
No. of Business Acumen PDUs