From the President’s Desk – PMISV Q2 Newsletter
My dear fellow Chapter Members,
I’m back, with key happenings in your chapter for the period April - May, 2019
Key Activities and Achievements – April - June 2019
- New and cool PMISV.org - Chris Myers and Ursa Tang led the planning and delivering of the new and improved PMISV website, which was long overdue! This is the start of many exciting changes at the chapter's official website, more new features to follow.
- Enthusiastic participation at two Community Outreach events -
- Second Harvest Food Sort on April 20, 2019
- County Park in San Jose on June 15, 2019 - For both events, kudos to PMISV Community outreach team led by Brenda Eberle
- PMISV Operations team (Sagar and team) implemented brand new Chapter Volunteer Discount program which recognizes and rewards our dedicated volunteers.
- Thanks to Terrie Mui’s initiative, PMISV played leadership role in Santa Clara County PMO Summit on June 3, 2019 .
- Here is a quote from the County stakeholder - Your efforts on behalf of the County of Santa Clara were absolutely incredible and set the tone for a day of truly engaging work and dialogue. You guys ROCK!!!
“I spoke with nearly everyone in the room at the end of the day today and each of them was energized, enthusiastic, and super keen on the path forward toward maturing their own and our collective maturity. I owe you all a most sincere debt of gratitude for helping establish an exceptionally positive working tone that was admirably maintained throughout the day. I am truly appreciative. “
- Q2 Volunteers update event on June 8th was attended by 25+ volunteer leaders and 3 new members. Ben Buck was our Guest speaker for the event with engaging talk on Design Thinking.
- Congratulations to following volunteer leaders for completing this year’s PMISV Leadership Development Program – Mandar Kulkarni, Eugene Chen, Joy Santos. Big Thank you to Sonja Koppensteiner and Elaine Law for leading this year’s program.
- Last but not the least – Congratulations to PMISV board, volunteers and members for being nominated for Chapter of the Year award !!
Here is message from PMI:
“Congratulations! PMI Silicon Valley has been nominated for the Chapter of the Year Award - This means that you are doing a great job! As a pre-qualified candidate, you are in the top 50% for member retention and member satisfaction.”
Highlights - Continued High Quality Execution
- PMISV outreach initiatives for Student and Military continues to gain traction under the leadership of Bhanu and Sagar. For the first time in our history, we made use of Chapter passes provided by PMI.
- Membership Retention is at the highest level in last few years at 78% - Kudos to Board members , Volunteer leaders and volunteers for ensuring we provide value to our members .
We heard you!
In this section, I will note action taken by the board on your feedback, so keep sending that great feedback, we are here for you.
- Volunteer recognition – Additional discount for our high quality CD workshops on top of being a chapter member, for being a dedicated PMISV volunteer.
- New members are now invited to PMISV quarterly volunteer event. If you are a new chapter member and would like to attend this meeting please contact me at President@pmisv.org.
We have many challenges which are handled with all hands on deck approach by your chapter leadership team:
- Use of state of the art Marketing tools – Per your feedback, we can do better with Marketing our events and chapter - social media, sponsorship etc
- Increase engagement of new members in Chapter activities
- We are in need of referrals and leads from you for thought leaders and presenters for our programs. Please reach out to our operations team – firstname.lastname@example.org
- In need of dedicated volunteers and leaders who want to make a difference to the chapter –Thanks to core group of volunteers, we are delivering close to 200 quality event to members – we can provide more value with added strength in number of core volunteers. If you are passionate about giving back to profession and community, look no further than PMI Silicon Valley – Become a Volunteer
I take this opportunity to thank Terrie Mui for VP Strategy for last 2 years. As many of you aware, Terrie took on this newly defined role in 2017. Speaking from my personal experience, her presence and contributions on the board ensured we continue to deliver high value to our members. While we will miss her on the board, look forward to seeing her in advisory role in future.
Terrie’s role in the board will be taken by another familiar face who has been as relentless , that is our past president Bhanu Viswanadha . This change will be effective July 1,2019.
Block your Calendar for PMISV Events
Sat July 20, 21 & 27, 2019
==>You can register to any of our quality events here.
I hope to see you at a Chapter event soon! Volunteer with Passion. Happy Volunteering!!!
Ajay Navaratna PMP, CSM