PM Insight Fremont - Succeeding in the new world of work
Succeeding in the new world of work
The future of work is here, and it is hybrid, remote with highly distributed workforce. The business environment will be volatile, ambiguous, and uncertain. The pace of change is going to be exponential. We need to learn to manage in this new world of work and survive and thrive as project managers. This will bring new challenges and opportunities. We will learn how to thrive in this new world as managers.
We will specifically be addressing the following:
- Acknowledging that it's a changed world and we need new approaches.
- What has changed – It’s a volatile, uncertain, complex, and ambiguous world with exponential changes.
- The world of work has changed – hybrid & remote with highly distributed workforce. Companies are hiring at places they never hired before. Working from home has become mainstream. Office is no longer the only place to work from.
- Remote, hybrid work and impact on collaboration
- More use of digital tools, AI and automation in project management
- New values empathy & compassion.
- Managing in the new world
- Lack of in-person engagement creates challenges in developing good working relationships – approaches to overcoming those.
- Highly distributed workforce – Ability to manage across boundaries is the key – challenges and how to accomplish that.
- Developing new skills and approaches to manage in the new world.
- You need to be intentional about using these approaches.
- What you can do to improve collaboration, develop relationships beyond help from company
- Focusing on mental health - impact of remote work on mental health and mitigation
- How to stay relevant inthe new world
- Develop new skills needed
- Continuous learning
- Developing digital skills - use of tools and AI.
- Conflict resolution - there will be more conflicts.
- Soft skills
At the conclusion of this session, attendees will be able to:
- Understand how the new world looks like
- Understand how to manage & thrive as manager in the new world.
- How to delelop new skills and approaches to thrive in new world
About the Instructor:
Avinash possesses 20+ years of experience in managing complex global PMO’s, portfolios, and programs in enterprise and consumer products and services, with domain experience in SaaS, mobile Apps, transformations, and Cybersecurity.
Avinash has managed people in many countries in Europe, North America, and Asia Pacific Japan. Also, he has managed PMO’s/programs spread across 25+ countries at the same time.
A “Stanford Certified Program Manager”, Certified Scrum Master, Certified Scrum Product Owner, and Kanban practitioner, Avinash has a “Master of Technology” degree from Mysore University, India. His corporate experiences include working with Hewlett Packard, Cisco, VMware & Oracle. His other interests include reading about History and visiting historical places. He is currently reading about American revolution & history of California.
Meeting Leader: Krishna Gundlapalli
6:00 PM - Sign-In and Networking
6:15 PM - Featured Speaker
8:00 PM - Meeting Adjourn
Ways of Working: 2.0 PDU
PMI Silicon Valley Members: $5.00
Veterans: Free (online only; contact Meeting Leader for the discount code. Please bring an appropriate ID card to the event).
This event is a professional society meeting, held for the benefit of its members. The Plan Ahead registration fee paid is based on the registrant's ability to commit to attendance, ahead of time. The Plan Ahead registration fee will not be refunded for any reason, other than event cancellation, after normal business hours (5:00 PM, Pacific) on the registration deadline day. The PMI - Silicon Valley Chapter reserves the right to make last-minute changes to program content and speakers, as circumstances dictate.
It is no longer possible to register for this event