PMI-Silicon Valley (PMI-SV) is a member-based and member-run professional association of practicing project and program managers; operating around the southern end of the San Francisco Bay, since 1997. We provide practitioner-based educational seminars and workshops, opportunities for peer networking and sharing, and PM-based community outreach activities. The Silicon Valley Chapter is a regional component of Project Management Institute (PMI); a resource for all aspects of project management leadership and information.
We provide our members with an average of 18 career building events per month. These encompass a broad range of PM-based content, delivery formats, and geographically dispersed locations:
- Peer sharing and networking breakfast/evening meetings
- General PM topics and challenges
- Women in PM Forum
- Project Management Office Forum
- Evening seminars
- Weekend workshops
- Annual 2-day symposium
- Job search assistance breakfast meetings and job opportunity broadcasts
- Certification information meetings (WebEx)
Topics and discussions cut across all aspects of the profession: Silicon Valley businesses, areas of practice, levels of experience, and related business knowledge areas. PMI-Silicon Valley currently has 2,300+ members, employed by every major Silicon Valley business. Within this large membership is a group of dedicated cadre of volunteer leaders who ensure continuity of operations and represent the inner circle of Silicon Valley PMs.
Additionally, our members are engaged in community outreach to:
- Support social needs organizations thru hands-on activities
- Collaborate with education foundations to promote project management as a life skill for middle and high school students
Finally, the organization ranks in the top tier of PMI chapters:
- 23rd of 282 PMI chapters, worldwide, in membership size
- Largest of 18 Southwestern US Region, in membership size
- The most active PMI chapter, worldwide, in delivered member activities
- We are recognized by our peer PMI chapter leaders for operational effectiveness and efficiency
Whether you are a project/program manager interested in connecting with your fellow practitioners, an employment recruiter searching for PM talent, a PM educational provider seeking instructors and/or students, a PM tools vendor promoting your services/products, or an organization with an intersecting affiliated professional interested, PMI-Silicon Valley prides itself on being open and welcoming to all. All our events are open to the public; checkout this month’s calendar.