PM Insights Sunnyvale
Presenting Powerfully Under Pressure
Last Date for On-line Registration is 1/08
Leaders need to communicate powerfully under pressure, and nothing else raises the stakes (or the heart rate!) quite like public speaking. Whether you’re presenting to employees, board members, or external stakeholders, executive presentation coach Jennifer Hennings will help you speak with confidence when it matters most.
In this presentation:
- You will discover the most important thing all speakers must do to get their message across. You’ll also learn how to handle difficult questions and engage even the toughest audience.
- This is not a passive lecture: You’ll join a dynamic discussion and have a chance to put new tools into practice, so come prepared to participate and take risks.You’ll leave the workshop with concrete strategies to organize your ideas, reduce speech anxiety, and manage the unexpected to make a powerful impact next time you’re in the spotlight.
In this interactive workshop you will learn to:
- Tailor your message so it’s relevant and engaging for your audience
- Organize your ideas to create a memorable presentation
- Communicate clearly and concisely even when speaking off the cuff
Jennifer Hennings is an executive presentation coach who has helped thousands of clients overcome speech anxiety and speak with confidence since 2003. She trains leaders at organizations like Google, Apple, Stanford Graduate School of Business, SAP, Box, Nest, Gilead Sciences, SV Bank, Box, MuleSoft, Harmonic, Magento, and Thermo Fisher Scientific.
As someone who used to be terrified of public speaking, Jennifer is passionate about helping clients manage nerves and speak up powerfully when it matters most. She loves coaching clients on high-stakes presentations, executive presence, message development, slide design, and meeting facilitation.
She holds a BA in English and MA in Education from Stanford University as well as an MA in Communication Studies from San José State University.
For more information, please visit: www.jenniferhennings.com
Meeting Leader: Kuntal Thakore, PMP, CSM
PDU Info: 2.0 - Category A
5:30 PM - Sign In and Networking
6:15 PM - Featured Speaker
8:30 PM - Meeting Adjourn
Food: Complimentary snacks and non-alcoholic beverages
PMI Silicon Valley Members: $10
Full-time Student: $5 (online only; contact Meeting Leader for the discount code. Please bring Student ID card to the event)
A limited number of registrations can be accepted at the door on a first-come, first-served basis. Once this limit has been reached, the event will be closed to additional attendees.
PMI Silicon Valley Members: $20
(Only Check or Cash accepted; make checks payable to "PMI Silicon Valley")
This event is a professional society meeting, held for the benefit of its members. The Plan Ahead registration fee paid is based on the registrant's ability to commit to attendance, ahead of time. The Plan Ahead registration fee will not be refunded for any reason, other than event cancellation, after normal business hours (5:00 PM, Pacific) on the registration deadline day. The PMI - Silicon Valley Chapter reserves the right to make last minute changes to program content and speakers, as circumstances dictate.