January 13, 2018 Saturday 8:30AM - 5:00 PM
Innoworld, 940 Stewart Dr, Sunnyvale, CA 94085
The Agile Entrée – Agile’s First Course
Building on the topics of the Agile Appetizer, this workshop takes participants deep into twelve ingredients that contribute to Agile management of product development.
This is a stark contrast to the usual “Here’s how you do Agile” approach. This workshop is about “Here’s WHY you want to be Agile”, and how Agile approaches deal with the underlying problems of highly creative technological development.
We’ll use a mix of concepts and concrete application and practice to ensure that participants can return to work with new tools, useful to them immediately, regardless of whether their workplace relates to itself as Agile or not.
This is a workshop suitable for people at all levels of experience with Agile approaches.
• How a company benefits financially from using agile approaches
• How to reveal and measure predictive metrics of business value
• Techniques to drive out waster
• Why agile approaches are effective, and why they are necessary
• Why up to 70% of people are not engaged at work and how agile practices can transform their experience
• Practical tools to make sense of work and thereby improve the product, the process, and workers’ experience
• And much more!
We know agile development is "the difference maker." Now let’s make that difference!
About the Instructor:
Andrew Webster’s full job title is an enterprise, team, and personal transformation coach, trainer, speaker, author, chief cook and bottle-washer. You can call him “Andrew”! He has worked in software development for 20 years; an Agilist since 2004, with a fistful of certifications, he’s thoroughly proven to be certifiable.
Previously working for giant clients like BBVA Compass, Visa, PayPal and Google subsidiary Nest, with dozens of projects under his belt, and having lived in three countries and Alabama, Andrew is currently writing a book on the social anthropology of work, and consulting with his business partner using an approach they call Wisdom at Work to great effect at start-ups, small, and medium sized companies.
Feedback from the PMISV – Silicon Valley PM Insights October 11 2017
• “Andrew is really one of the best presenters!
• “Good topic - though provoking!”
• “Fresh perspective - good overall way of presenting Agile thinking - clear on basic topics”
• “A true appetizer speech”
• “Very interesting!”
And not one of those was from one of Andrew’s relatives!
Project Management Education Hours:
Earn 7 PDUs (Technical)
Meeting Leader: Sagar Amancherla
Please note the door will be locked at 8:25 AM, so plan to arrive early.
08:30 AM - Sign In and Networking
09:00 AM - Workshop Begins
12:00 PM - Lunch Break
12:45 PM - Workshop Resumes
5:00 PM – Adjourn
Continental Breakfast, Coffee, and Lunch will be provided.
Attendees should indicate whether they want a vegetarian meal during the registration.
Plan Ahead Registration:
Early Bird: PMISV member: $140 Non-PMISV member: $190
Regular: PMISV member: $190 Non-PMISV member: $240
At-the-Door Registration: No walk-ins allowed. Please register for the course online in advance
This event is a professional society meeting, held for the benefit of its members.
- Cancellation before Early Bird Registration Date: Full refund
- Cancellation between Early Bird Registration Date and Regular Registration Date: $30 cancellation fee; remaining amount refunded
- Cancellation after Regular Registration Date and Day before workshop (by 5:00 PM Pacific): 50% refund