February 25, 2017 Saturday 8:30AM - 5:00 PM
The Office of Silicon Valley, 955 Benecia Avenue, Sunnyvale, CA 94085
Doing excellent work in an organization requires people to be able to communicate effectively to resolve conflicts, utilizing both cognitive and emotional intelligence. In this workshop we will share a framework to build foundational skills including; awareness, shifting when you drift from presence and high performance, and choosing healthy responsibility.
Once we have covered the basic framework we will then focus on authentic listening and authentic speaking skills. All of the above are the building blocks to be able to effectively give and receive feedback, which is the fastest way to resolve conflict and create a high performance team success.
This workshop integrates combination of content, context and exercises to make it relevant. Each participant will be given a module handout and 4 separate cards as the job aid for one of the frameworks used in the content.
· Identify how and when you get triggered personally and professionally
· Determine whether you are “in the drama triangle” or “in the zone” when communicating with others
· Practice easefully shifting from defensiveness to curiosity when you are triggered by something someone has said or done
· Recognize and practice speaking unarguablye
· Understand the difference between sharing feedback and sharing a withhold
About the Instructor:
Anna McGrath: Founder of WonderWorks Consulting
Organizations are filled with diverse people and perspectives, which through authenticity and collaboration create meaningful products and services for all or .… nightmares. Anna McGrath founded WonderWorks Consulting in 2003 to share simple transformational practices to ensure the former and move beyond the later.
Her focus is on supporting organizations to embody conscious leadership skills and effectively distribute decision-making throughout the organization using various self-organizing systems and practices including HolacracyÒ.
WonderWorks clients include; Wikia, Method, Waste Farmers, Bay Area Regional Energy Network, Colman Knight Advisory Group.
She is a popular speaker at conferences as she brings authenticity, humor and love to all her endeavors.
Project Management Education Hours:
Earn 7 PDUs (Leadership)
Meeting Leader: Sagar Amancherla
Please note the door will be locked by 9:00 AM, so plan to arrive early.
08:30 AM - Sign In and Networking
09:00 AM - Workshop Begins
12:00 PM - Lunch Break
12:45 PM - Workshop Resumes
5:00 PM – Adjourn
Continental Breakfast, Coffee, and Lunch will be provided.
Attendees should indicate whether they want a vegetarian meal during the registration.
Plan Ahead Registration:
Early Bird: PMISV member: $140 Non-PMISV member: $190
Regular: PMISV member: $190 Non-PMISV member: $240
At-the-Door Registration: No walk-ins allowed. Please register for the course online in advance
This event is a professional society meeting, held for the benefit of its members.
- Cancellation before Early Bird Registration Date: Full refund
- Cancellation between Early Bird Registration Date and Regular Registration Date: $30 cancellation fee; remaining amount refunded
- Cancellation after Regular Registration Date and Day before workshop (by 5:00 PM Pacific): 50% refund